Full width home advertisement

Post Page Advertisement [Top]

Cursive and Print Letter Matching Duplo Blocks

Cursive and Print Letter Matching Duplo Blocks

Last spring the girls requested that they learn to write in "curly" (aka cursive) this year. So with the start of school this year came the star of cursive. 

We learned the lower case letters first, and up until now they pretty well resemble their print equivalents. However f threw them for a loop. They could write it but they could not remember what letter they were writing! 

Knowing the uppercase letters were going to be even harder, I dug out the Duplos and some stickers to write letters on.  Secretly I have been waiting for a reason to use this little trick!


Supplies to Make Cursive and Print Matching Blocks


  • Duplos (at least 52)
  • Little white sticker
  • Sharpie

How to Make Cursive and Print Matching Blocks


I started by writing the cursive alphabet and the print alphabet one my stickers.

I actually started with the lower case letters, and since I didn't have enough Duplos to do a set for lower and upper case, I put the capitals on the back.




I think you could do this without the stickers as well if you used dry erase marker. I was concerned with smearing, so I went ahead and used stickers.


I handed them over to the girls, and they had a great time matching them up. They have to look at the cursive letters on the wall for some of them, but with practice they will figure it out.

They will also be able to look at the blocks while writing to see how to write a specific letter. Yay, for not having to ask!

Since they have the whole alphabet they will also be able to use the block to practice alphabetical order. Who knew there would be so many ways to use them!

I do know they will be great for occupying one girl while I work with the other, and they should definitely help them learn to write and read cursive, I mean "curly."







Bottom Ad [Post Page]